Friday, August 26, 2011

Clutch Bag Adventure

On a recent shopping trip with my lovely mom I came across an awesome canteen-shaped small purse (I'm a sucker for off-the-wall stuff) but $20 for a tiny purse is a bit outside my college student budget.  So as I walked away from that itty bitty thing, contemplating how perfect it would have been for my meal card and keys and pencils and such, I thought to myself "dadblastit, I'll just make my own!".

Ok, so a bit of an obvious deviation from "canteen shape".  I don't know what came over me yesterday morning, but I suddenly found myself on a sewing rampage!, and this adorable li'l zipper pouch is one of the results.
I made it from some lovely brown plaid streaked with peacock blue and mustard and red ("vintage", for all of you infatuated with that word).  I jazzed it up with some pleating and thick blue stitching on the front, and I added two little mustard stars at the end of each short blue line after I took the pictures.  With it's red zipper (again, "vintage" lol), blue satin lining, and pleated pocket made out of leftovers from a botched skirt project, it turned out adorable, surprise to me!
I'm thinking about adding a tutorial, but it's such a simple pouch I don't know if I should.  Especially considering that I move back to school TOMORROW, ahhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment