Sunday, August 7, 2011

Let's Start At The Beginning...

I'm not really sure what I'm doing on all of this blogging whatnot; I'm brandspankin' new here, and I've only read a handful of blog posts myself.  But I figure, what the hey, why not check this out?

As for what this blogging adventure might entail?  Probably a bit of this and that:

I've recently started up a new little shop on Etsy (www.etsy.com/shop/NorthbyEast) full of beaded jewelry at the moment, and hopefully to be packed with sewn, knitted, and papercut goodness soon.  I'll be posting shop updates and maybe even some lovely lil crafting tutorials for the tidbits I come up with.  Here's a taste:
Golden Honey Comb Drops: fun circular peyote stitch

And Icarus Took Flight: fabric/stiffener sammiches edged with embroidery and beading

The Desert Queen: various beading techniques, all super-easy and super-fun^_^

From time to time, a cooking experiment is warranted, and that's bound to be posted.  Being as I love food and the eating of it, the cooking experiments of others are also bound to be posted (my boyfriend and I have acquired a series of very interesting birthday cakes over the past couple of years).
A favorite (http://xkcd.com/18/), from a favorite webcomic xkcd; got to check them out if you don't already know!

 As far as actually writing up a plain-o post, I think I'll review and ramble on about my latest book-reading conquest or, to use a blog for its gloriously dramatized purpose, to go on the occasional mild societal rants.^_^

I hope that this expansion out into the wild world of the interweb turns out well, and I hope that if you come across this in your browsings you've enjoyed it. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment